Internet & Email
Course duration : 6 to 9 hrs
Micorsoft Outlook is a messaging and personal information management programme that helps you manage your messages, appointments, contacts and tasks.
MS Outlook can help you create, share and manage information that is important to you and the people you work with. It is particularly useful in the modern office environment where different people need to access information at the click of a button. Learn how to run your email through Outlook too.
Internet explorer is your browser software that is used to gain access to the internet and all it has to offer. The internet has become part of many peoples everyday lives as well as being a necessity for most businesses. Learn how to use the internet efficently. Also learn how to send and receive email which again is a necessity nowadays.
Learn about online banking, maintaining contact lists, scheduling tasks and meetings and much more.
- Concepts and terms
- Distinguish between WWW and the Internet
- Understand terms HTTP, URL, Hyperlink, ISP
- Web Browsers
- Dialup connections & Broadband
- Search Engines (Google, AltaVista, etc).
- Security Considerations
- Remove Personal Information through Autocomplete
- Temporary Internet Files (Cache) & Cookies
- Web Browsers
- Change Web Browsers Home page
- Display a web page in a new window
- Downloading, Stop downloading
- Refresh pages
- Display, hide tool buttons
- Links toolbar
- Change text of pages
- Display previously visited URL’s
- Temporary Internet Files
Listen to Radio via Radio-Locator with Plugins
Use Windows Media Player
Photos with Yahoo
- Activate Hyperlinks
- Copy link
- Bookmark web page and display page
- Copy text, pictures from a web page to a document
- Change web page orientation and margins
- Banking-on-line demo
- Book a Flight demo – Aerlingus, Ryanair, Travelocity etc.
Print a web page, Print options
Fundamentals of Email
- Build a Photo Album in Yahoo
- Share your photo album with others via Email.